The *no needle, no scalpel* vasectomy (NSV) is an almost totally painless and extremely effective option for males who want permanent contraception. The special reduced fee is $499 total for the procedure including prior nurse consultation. The normal fee is $599 total. This is made up of $499 for the procedure and $100 for the prior consultation.
To qualify for the reduced fee of $499 ($499 for the procedure, and $100 for the prior consultation), full payment is required at least 3 business days prior to the procedure. Cancellations must be notified at least 24 hours prior to the procedure with information as to how and when the notification was made. $100 will be retained for late cancellations. Nurse consultations are required in advance (i.e. on a different day). If you are you are living well outside of the Christchurch area or have an exceptional circumstance a phone appointment might be able to be done if you meet the following conditions. After initially speaking to you on the phone for this first consultation we are satisfied to go ahead with the vasectomy (this will be at our discretion):-
- Aged 30 or over.
- Your general health is good.
- Have no allergies.
- No previous injury or surgery to the genital area.
If you don’t satisfy the above criteria, this does not mean that we cannot do a vasectomy. It just means that we would have to do some further investigations prior to the vasectomy. If you have any issues or queries please give us a call and we’ll see how we can help you.
Your health insurance may cover your procedure. Please inquire with your company to get pre-approval and understand how you can be covered.
Limited Guarantee: In the event of a technical failure, you will be offered a free repeat procedure. The success or failure of the vasectomy will be determined from two separate semen specimens taken to the laboratory at 2 months and 4 months post vasectomy. The two semen specimens must be presented to the lab within 6 months from the date of the vasectomy or the guarantee will be null and void. Please note that a semen result showing “small numbers of non-motile sperm” is not considered a technical failure. This guarantee covers the outcome of the vasectomy result only, and is limited to us offering you a repeat vasectomy procedure if it is possible to do one. The guarantee does not cover expenses for time off work due to side effects or any other expenses.
To be covered by the guarantee, the following conditions must be met:-
- Full payment has been made prior to the procedure
- Must be a current resident in New Zealand
- The man has had prior counselling covering things like permanency of sterilization, sperm storage, complications, reliability issues etc.
- Age 30 to 60
- You are not significantly overweight (e.g. BMI > 35)
- General health is good with no history of prior surgery or procedures involving the genital area (e.g. a prior vasectomy, undescended testicle)
- No mental health issues such as anxiety, depression or psychosis.
- You have not had a significant bruising or contusion type injury involving testicles (even as a child) – for example a straddle injury.
- No infectious disease such as Hepatitis B, HIV, STD’s etc.
- You agree to do the semen tests at 2 months and 4 months post-procedure
- A successful outcome is two semen specimens returning a result of “azospermia” (nil sperm), or “small numbers of non-motile sperm”.
- A failure is determined to be two successive tests showing motile sperm in moderate to large numbers
- There is no liability for any other costs apart from our costs in relation to performing a repeat procedure.
- No liability will be accepted for time off work or other costs.
- You agree that the guarantee is limited to 6 months from the date of the procedure. No retrospective claims will be entertained.
- The guarantee is for eligible persons as above, and is for a free repeat procedure if it is possible to do one. If there are reasons beyond our control that make it impossible to perform the repeat procedure, then you agree that no further claim will be made.
- You agree that no cash refunds will be given in the event of a technical failure.