The *no needle, no scalpel* vasectomy (NSV) is an almost totally painless and extremely effective option for males who want permanent contraception. The special reduced fee is $390 total for the procedure including prior nurse consultation. The normal fee is $485 total. This is made up of $400 for the procedure and $85 for the prior consultation.
To qualify for the reduced fee of $390 ($305 for the procedure, and $85 for the prior consultation), full payment is required at least 1 business day prior to the procedure. Cancellations must be notified at least 24 hours prior to the procedure. $100 will be retained for late cancellations. Nurse consultations will not normally be required in advance (i.e. on a different day) if you are:-
- 30 or over
- have fathered at least 1 child
- have a partner who is willing for you to have the procedure
- your general health is good
- you have given consideration to the option of sperm storage
Guarantee: In the event of a technical failure, you will be offered a free repeat procedure, or alternatively a full refund of the cost of the procedure ($305). The success or failure of the vasectomy will be determined from two separate semen specimens taken to the laboratory at 2 months and 4 months post vasectomy. The two semen specimens must be presented to the lab within 6 months from the date of the vasectomy or the guarantee will be null and void. Please note that a semen result showing “small numbers of non-motile sperm” is not considered a technical failure. This guarantee covers the outcome of the vasectomy result only, and is limited to the total cost of the vasectomy procedure (not the consultation). The guarantee does not cover time off work due to side effects or other expenses.
To be covered by the guarantee, the following conditions must be met:-
- Full payment has been made prior to the procedure
- The man has had prior counselling covering things like permanency of sterilization, sperm storage, complications, reliability issues etc.
- Age 30 to 60
- In a stable relationship
- Fathered at least one child
- Partner is in agreement for the procedure to go ahead
- You are not significantly overweight (e.g. BMI > 35)
- General health is good with no history of prior surgery or procedures involving the genital area (e.g. a prior vasectomy, undescended testicle)
- No mental health issues such as anxiety, depression or psychosis.
- You have not had a significant bruising or contusion type injury involving testicles (even as a child) – for example a straddle injury.
- No infectious disease such as Hepatitis B, HIV, STD’s etc
- You agree to do the semen tests at 2 months and 4 months post-procedure
- A successful outcome is two semen specimens returning a result of “azospermia” (nil sperm), or “small numbers of non-motile sperm”.
- A failure is determined to be two successive tests showing motile sperm in moderate to large numbers
- There is no liability for any other costs apart from the cost of the procedure ($305). No refund will be given for the consultation fee.
- No liability will be accepted for time off work or other costs.
- The guarantee is limited to 6 months from the date of the procedure. No retrospective claims will be entertained.
- The guarantee is for eligible persons as above, and is for a refund of $305 OR a free repeat procedure.